Final race of the season with Aston Martin Racing's 50's Sports Car Series. Next weekend the Castle Combe Autumn Classic for Pre '66 Jaguars...
Vredestein / JEC Jaguar XK Race Series 2017
This highly popular Series has been run since 1999 & is for Jaguar XK120-150 cars. These were produced between 1948-1961.The series doesn’t cater only for FIA cars & minimal modifications are permitted. For example, disc brakes are permitted but Webber carburattors are not. See ‘Get Involved’ for 2016 Regulations. 2017 Regulations to be available by 1st January.
This Series has been well supported since its inception, & it is believed that the largest ever grid of Jaguar XKs assembled was at the Silverstone Classic in 2009, when 40 Jaguar XKs raced.
Vredestein Tyres have been the main sponsor since 2010 & the cars race on the excellent Sprint Classic tyres. These tyres retain a ‘period’ look whilst being excellent for competitive racing as well as very usable road tyres. For the last few seasons the XKs have raced with the Aston Martin Owners Club 50 sports cars.
All Race Reports for this Race Series
Whilst the Jaguar Saloon & GT Championship decamped to Zandvoort in Holland this weekend, the Vredestein Jaguar XK Series arrived at Snetterton in ...
The XK Series congregated at the beautiful & challenging Oulton Park circuit in rural Cheshire for the first race of the season. At 2.69 miles, thi...
Interested in our previous Race Series? You can view all the results in our archive.View Archive
Vredestein Tyres have supported the XK Series for over 15 years & the Sprint Classic Tyre is well suited to racing XKs, with a 'period' look in keeping with these classic Jaguars.An excellent durable tyre with outstanding wet weather performance.
Rules & Regulations of Race Series
The JEC XK Jaguar races are for Competitors participating in Jaguar XK120, XK140 or XK150 vehicles manufactured between 1948-1961 & their component parts.
- Class A - Jaguar XK120,140 & 150 cars conforming to FIA Appendix K, excluding tyres
- Class B - 3.4 Litre Jaguar XKs within Special Equipment (SE) specification
- Class C - Up to 3.8 Litre with modifications up to production XK150 'S' specification
- Class I - Other Jaguar XK cars of unlimited modification BY SPECIFIC INVITATION OF THE JEC. No race awards are awarded for this class
- Sporting Regulations - General
- Sporting Regulations - Judicial Procedures
- Sporting Regulations - Race Meetings & Procedures
- General Technical Requirements & Exceptions
- Race penalties
- Technical Regulations