Lottery Terms & Conditions
The Jaguar Enthusiasts’ Club Lottery (the "Lottery") will be promoted and administered by the Jaguar Enthusiasts’ Club, a company limited by guarantee. The Promoter is Graham Searle, Jaguar Enthusiasts’ Club, Abbeywood Office Park, Filton, Bristol, BS34 8PS. Telephone 0117 969 8186.
The Lottery is promoted in furtherance of the aim to raise funds for nominated charities.
- The Lottery is licensed by the Gambling Commission under part 11 of the Gaming Act 2005. It will operate within the Law and Gambling Commission guidelines.
- All policy matters will be undertaken by the directors of the Jaguar Enthusiasts’ Club.
- All operational matters will be undertaken by the Promoter, appointed by the Board and accountable to them on any matters relating to the Lottery, the entrants or the draw.
Entry & Proceeds
Tickets can be purchased directly from the club, via Phone, Email or Fax, or via the clubs website www.jec.org.uk. Payment can be made by cheque, or credit card. Cash will only be taken when tickets are purchased at a show or event where the club has a kiosk or stand. The lottery is open to all members of the Club and general public over the age of 18 excluding officials and employees of the Jaguar Enthusiasts’ Club. The Winner may be asked to prove they are over 18 before receiving the prize.
The price of each Lottery ticket is £1. No ticket will be issued until full payment is received In the event of any variance between a subscribers payments and lottery records, evidence of payment into the Lottery may be required.
All proceeds, after the deduction of costs and controlled expenses will be paid to the nominated charity.
Refunds, Complaints or Disputes
Refunds will only be given where an error has been made.
Any complaints or disputes should first be addressed to the Promoter. If this is not resolved to your satisfaction then this can be escalated to the Club Chairman or referred to the Lotteries Council of which the Club is a member.
There will be one prize, a Jaguar motor car. No cash alternative is offered.
The draw will be made at 4pm on the Sunday of the Classic Motor Show at the NEC Birmingham, This event usually takes place on the second weekend of November. The winner, if not present, will be telephoned immediately and arrangements made to collect the prize. The winner must prove, when requested to do so, that they are over the age of 18 to receive the prize.
Information on responsible gambling
As a Lottery provider (Lotteries are classified as a form of gambling) it is a requirement of the Jaguar Enthusiasts’ Club to provide information on where help is available if you are concerned that you may have a problem with gambling.
Responsible gambling is under your control, typical behaviour includes:
- Moderate gambling
- Gambling only with money you can afford
- Quitting while you are ahead
- Setting limits on how much time and money you can afford to spend
- Having fun, or supporting a charity, not investing your money
- Not spending more than you can afford, hoping to win back previous losses
- Not letting gambling take over your life
- Not gambling because you are stressed or bored
The vast majority of people gamble responsibly, for some however, gambling can become a problem. If you have concerns about your gambling habits, or those of someone close, there is friendly advice available from trained counsellors at GamCare. They can be contacted on 0845 6000 133 or you can visit the GamCare website at www.gamcare.org.uk for more information.
Talking about your concerns can be a big relief; if you are unsure whether a problem exists please look at the questions below.
If you answer ‘yes' to the majority you may wish to speak to GamCare:
- Do you lie to cover up the time and money you spend gambling?
- Do you gamble alone for long periods?
- Do you take time off from work or study to gamble?
- Do you use gambling as a way of escaping from a boring or unhappy periods in your life?
- Do others criticise your gambling habits?
- Do you gamble after arguments, frustrations or disappointments?
- Do you gamble until you have spent every penny you have?
- Do you feel depressed about your gambling habits?
- Do you feel reluctant to spend your gambling money on other things?
- Have you lost interest in other aspects of your life (eg. Hobbies and friends) because of gambling?
- Have you lied or stolen/borrowed money to gamble or pay gambling debts?
The club operates procedures for self-exclusion should an individual wish to partake of the scheme they should contact the promoter at [email protected]
The purchase of a chance in the lottery implies acceptance of the scheme and its rules and conditions.