Paint

Moderators: JimMann, aaj, mike020150

DaveNeedham

Paint

Postby DaveNeedham » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:07 pm

So. I popped down to the local dealers to get a paint touch up kit. I gave them the registration and the chap confirmed the car details XKR Convertable 2012 Ultimate Black...... so far so good but after studying the computer for a couple of minutes came back with “Computer Says No!”
Apparently JLR do every colour under the sun except Ultimate Black... was that a special order only?
The computer didn’t even list an addendum that said ....use this colour instead of!!

Dave

Cubist

Re: Paint

Postby Cubist » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:52 pm

Hi Dave,

Ultimate Black is a popular colour across the later models of Jaguar so I think your dealer may be having some computer problems - probably of the fat finger / numb nut variety.

Your paint code should be PEL, check the VIN plate on the on the A pillar passenger side. Touch up pen kits are available from Jaguar, just check out eBay/Amazon.

Cheers,
Cubist
The first sign of advancing years - going out to do one thing and coming back having done something else. :?

DaveNeedham

Postby DaveNeedham » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:01 pm

Ok thanks for that. But I did scroll through the computer screen with him. I thought it a bit hard to believe..... I’ll try the stealer in Ascot!!

Dave

DaveNeedham

Postby DaveNeedham » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:11 pm

Never thought of eBay or Amazon....
My dealer ..Lancaster can’t be fully up to date!
C2A1051PEL is the part number!
Thanks again