Had the tracking adjusted this morning

Moderators: davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

Brakebuster

Had the tracking adjusted this morning

Postby Brakebuster » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:51 am

now that things have settled down with regard to the springs and other associated components, i decided to have the tracking done

i took her to my local Protyre , these have a very professional setup with the latest laser four wheel kit , a quick bit of form filling and a price of £25.99 ,

but

they wouldn't let me drive her onto the bed , so we agreed i could drive it to the bay and they would drive it onto the bed for insurance purposes, as they hadn't seen the car yet ........

once i pulled into the bay , they fully understood my reasons for wanting to drive it my self, and a crowd quickly gathered round the car , and even more when she went into the air as they were looking at all the rebuilt suspension etc , lol

the tracking was out, by quite a bit, however , it wasnt one of thos pointing different directions problems as she drove straight , but on cornering she ' grabbed ' at the ground

there was trouble with one track rod locking nut, as it had frozen onto the rod, but a bit of heat and it let go in the end ,
the tracking was set to as near as possible to perfect, but still within tollerences , and that was that

being a cheeky begger i am, i asked that while she was in the air could they ' adjust ' the right exhaust pipe as it was near the bodywork , they did it without question and didnt even charge me for it, but it did only take 5 minutes :wink: ,

driving back home was an absolute pleasure, the steering was light and she cornered very well for a big girl , i am looking forward to getting some of my limited mile tokens cashed in over the next few weeks , but not today , its gona piss down later , lol

BB 8)
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2004 2.1V6 X-Type Saloon in platinum silver for the good wife
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior

used to have
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8 in Seafrost

charlie5

Re: Had the tracking adjusted this morning

Postby charlie5 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:08 pm

Glad to hear everything is running well and what better weather than this to enjoy the drive.

Be in touch

Phil 8) 8)
Phil
4.2 XK8 2004

Brakebuster

Re: Had the tracking adjusted this morning

Postby Brakebuster » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:19 pm

Phill,

there is the CCCC ( Cotswold classic car club ) new clubhouse opening at the Frogmill ( by the gold club ) tomorrow, all classics that turn up and display get in for free,

depending on the weather i may go , opens at 10 goes on to 6 i think , food and drink available ,

BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2004 2.1V6 X-Type Saloon in platinum silver for the good wife
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior

used to have
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8 in Seafrost