To Jag or not to Jag..!!!!

Moderators: mike020150, valr

StuartWroe

To Jag or not to Jag..!!!!

Postby StuartWroe » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:38 pm

So, I am selling my much loved Maserati 3200 GTA Assetto Cora’s after 7 years of love and devotion. :(. I just fancy a change and the F Type is I think, very appealing to me. I haven’t had a soft top for a while and now don’t need to worry about the hairstyle as the wind messes it about.
The question is which one to go for, my budget will be about £30k so I am obviously not buying new, did that once, never again. I quite fancy the 3.0 V6 S, the V8 for the extra money just isn’t worth it.
So, o am looking for helpful advice, problems owners have had, what to look out for when buying a used Jag. I apologise in advance if this topic has been covered before, if so, please point me in the right direction.
Kind Regards
Stuart😀

mike020150

Re: To Jag or not to Jag..!!!!

Postby mike020150 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:27 am

Hi Stuart,
You will find an F-type is very different to drive from the Maserati. It will certainly make you smile! Thus far, the F-Type has proved reliable, only afflicted by the occasional electronic glitches which seem to strike all modern cars. Apart from the obvious things to check when buying any second hand car, make sure you get to look underneath at the rear suspension mild steel braces. Some cars can suffer surface rust here. Caught early, it's not a problem. It's easy to treat with the usual mix of Hammerite and Waxoyl type products. Left untreated, it will look ugly although, as yet, there have not been any resultant MoT failures or similar issues for owners to deal with. Good luck with your search. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; XE S

StuartWroe

Postby StuartWroe » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:28 pm

Many thanks for the info Mike,
My biggest concern is the alignment between the doors and the side panels. Apparently it is a big problem, or I am just seeing a small amount of whinges.

Again, thanks for the advice on what to look for.
I aim to buy within the next 6 months.
Just got to find the right one.

Cheers

Stuart

mike020150

Postby mike020150 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:00 pm

The only similar issue I am aware of concerns the front bumper and bonnet panel alignment. Briefly, there was a manufacturing glitch noted in 2014 and when found, that was corrected. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; XE S