newby leather repairer

Moderators: GJS-typeR, Montana5

Wicksy

newby leather repairer

Postby Wicksy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:54 pm

Evening guys just joined and wanted to say hi. I have owned my S type 3.0ltr V6 for a couple f years now and only just found the site. looking to for some advice on a couple of issues I am having I will start with an one I have issue with the drivers seat (leather) around the hip area has been worn since I bought the car and was looking for any recommendations of leather repair company I near Gatwick Airport.

Brakebuster

Re: newby leather repairer

Postby Brakebuster » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:33 am

welcome

the club runs several tutorials on leather and interior repairs each year, but they may be a bit of a trek for you to attend , but it does also depend on the repair required,

if a simple recolour and finish , then you can buy DIY kits that do a very good job , if its more involved then you may need to take it to someone, and will cost around £100 ,

but sorry , i'm not from your part of the world...

BB :)
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2004 2.1V6 X-Type Saloon in platinum silver for the good wife
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior

used to have
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8 in Seafrost

Martec

Postby Martec » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:48 am

Furniture Clinic advertise in the club magazine (page 66), it is a franchise and there are different people in different areas who work on leather.

Our local JEC club had a presentation from a local couple and I bought and used some cleaner and sealer for our car and was impressed. This couple had been involved with restoring the seats in a Lancaster bomber and restored as much as they could rather than replace.

It would be worth your time to call the head office to find your local representative.

Brian
MY2000 3ltr S type manual standard car with leather seats, cruise control and mistral blue metallic paint.

1961 3.8 MkII manual, Indigo blue, nolonger runs on LPG, everything else uprated

Wicksy

Postby Wicksy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:20 pm

Thanks guys I will give the furniture clinic a call.