Carpet Mats

Moderators: GJS-typeR, Montana5

Equalizer

Carpet Mats

Postby Equalizer » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Managed to clean my car quickly today before sun set. Can't wait for this weather to finally end and I can giver her a full weekend valet. However, as I won't be taking her anywhere this weekend, I took the interior mats out for a bloody good clean. The carpets underneath could do with a hoover but look fine. When I had the XJ, I washed the mats with our Vx carpet washer and they come up really good.

The ones from the S however seem to be made different, slightly thinner and almost feels like they are carpet wrapped over a stiffner - card maybe?

Anyway, before I let loose with the Vax, has anyone washed theirs and do they dry okay? If not, how to clean them properly? Would like to get them done tomorrow so they have a good time to dry before Monday.

Equalizer

Re: Carpet Mats

Postby Equalizer » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:02 pm

Seriously, no-one ever washed their car mats ever?

Gary220262

Postby Gary220262 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:06 pm

Used an upholstery cleaner in a spray can on mine which comes out as a dry foam so doesn't soak mats, cant remember name of it but it comes in an orange spray can approx 12 inch high and got it from local motor factors. Did a good job and even got oil/grease off which id managed to get on my trainers and got in car without noticing :oops: ,.

Gary
GARY
2000 S TYPE 4.0 V8 (for upsetting the wife ! )

2005 Mercedes E270cdi Avantgarde (for commuting and towing caravan)

dhdove

Postby dhdove » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:38 pm

Groooooooom?
TonyS
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
Currently testing: 2010/10 Mercedes Benz SLK350 Sportspack Calcite White. 305 bhp, hardtop vario-roof, bi-xenon lights, Harmon Kardon sound system, 7G-tronic auto/ manual gearbox, lowered uprated suspension...... Yummy!!!

Equalizer

Postby Equalizer » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:52 pm

Thanks for replies. I have used a similar product to good effect, especially as a spot remover. Not as quick and thorough as a Vax though, but I don't want to risk ruining the mats so will give these a go.