Rogue Parts Identification Required

Moderator: Art1012

suarthardy

Rogue Parts Identification Required

Postby suarthardy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:59 pm

Hi

The parts in this photograph came in one of the many boxes that constituted my E Type. For all of the work done in the rebuild and my familiarity with the car I am a little concerned that they're not fitted where they should be.

Would somebody please let me know what they are?
Widget 1 (800x646).jpg
Regards
Stuart

1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR

oldtimer

Re: Rogue Parts Identification Required

Postby oldtimer » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:45 pm

Stuart,
You say they are not fitted where they should be --- give us a clue , where are they fitted.
I certainly don't recognize them , is the centre, offset to the base plate or is it my eyesight. If it is does it act as some sort of cam arrangment

suarthardy

Postby suarthardy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:12 pm

Oldtimer

They're not fitted. They're on my desk next to a 6 inch ruler.

I don't know what they are or where they should be used. I don't even know whether they came off any sort of car at all, let alone my E-Type. They were just included in the 3D jigsaw puzzle I bought that will once again be a roadworthy 1962 E-Type FHC (at some point in time).

Yes, they appear to be some sort of cam arrangement and are counterbored both sides. The chrome plating (or what's left of it) suggests they would be in some way visible in use. At first I thought they might have something to do with seat belt fixings but the cam offset doesn't seem to make sense in that case.

I was just hoping that somebody would instantly recognise them and let me know what they are. There is a chance that they belong to an early E-Type roadster which was being restored alongside this one in the dim and distant past.

Regards
Stuart

1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR

oldtimer

Postby oldtimer » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:56 pm

Stuart, I was tempted to say , yes that is definitely a six inch rule , but thought, perhaps not.
I've been fiddling around with Jaguars for more years than I care to remember and just don't have a clue where they might fit. If I were a betting man I would put money on them not being Jaguar related. ( Well just a little bit ) I reckon they were chucked in just to wind you up.

Regards Oldtimer

paulsco

Postby paulsco » Wed May 01, 2019 9:43 pm

I know that this is an old post, but for refference these are the chromes that sit on the bosses for the seatbelts below the quarter light windows on the FHC.
Paul