Time to breath life into this FORUM

Moderator: jagmanvaughn

raysearles

Time to breath life into this FORUM

Postby raysearles » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:26 am

Hello All,

Well my better half persuaded me to sell the XF 3.0DS at the weekend and replace her with the XJ pictured here. Terms have been agreed, now all I have to do is return from the USA where I am working and discuss when the transporter is going to bring her across from Belfast!!

The X351 is now 5 years old as a model, and prices are getting as low as £17k on the well known websites - so we must surely start to see more of them in the club soon! Will it be as popular as the X350 is - well the "radical" styling divided opinion from the off - it's Jaguar's marmite car, people either love the styling or hate it. I love it, and everyone I know who has one says they are awesome so I am about to find out.

My new toy is 4 years old today, Happy Birthday Claret X351, has covered only 21k miles in that time as the owner only came home at weekends, and has a FJSH. I intend to keep you all updated on my ownership experience so that this fantastic and oft unfairly maligned car gets a fair outing - any other owners out there? :?: :) :?: 8) :?: :twisted:
Attachments
XJ351.jpg
Ray
JEC Events Chairman

2011 XJ351 Premium Luxury (tbd)
1971 E Type 2+2 Series 3, (Sophee)
1999 XKR Convertible (K8)

Brakebuster

Re: Time to breath life into this FORUM

Postby Brakebuster » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:19 am

congrats on the new acquisition , and i personally like the styling and the reported drivability of these cars

in fact, my good wife wants one after the X-type has gone ( no time soon though )

BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2004 2.1V6 X-Type Saloon in platinum silver for the good wife
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior

used to have
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8 in Seafrost

raysearles

Postby raysearles » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:54 am

Thanks Vince, your better half has good taste....

Good to meet you at the weekend, thanks for all your help, looking forward to working with you some more in the future....

jBlackwell

Postby jBlackwell » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:09 pm

Top buy Ray,
Hugely jealous, have been a great fan of these cars since their release. Will be a few years until they are in my price bracket though.

Enjoy.

James