Rear Subframe corrosion

Moderators: mike020150, valr

karga

Re: Rear Subframe corrosion

Postby karga » Fri May 17, 2019 10:56 pm

Finally got some sensible response. Because my car is one of the first models, 5 years old (nearly 6) Jaguar say they will replace all the necessary parts but I would have to stand 50% of the cost.(parts only) :cry: Not really what I wanted but I am keen to get it replaced asap. I’m off to Switzerland in it at the end of the month. To be fair my dealer “Farnells” of Bradford have been pushing it hard on my behalf, I have given them a fair bit of grief but it has still taken 5 months, lots of photos and questions answered for them to get a positive response from Jaguar. Car is now booked in for it to be done on Monday 20th May. They say the work will take a few days and they have very kindly organised a courtesy car for me. I will report back when the work is complete.

karga

Postby karga » Wed May 22, 2019 5:27 pm

Car now back home with lovely shiny new Subframe and braces.

Farnell's sent me a video to my mobile showing the old subframe and braces (Shocking State) and the new one laid out on the floor.

The next day they sent me a 2nd video showing the new Subframe and Braces in situ. Looks great.

Farnell's also did a free health check for me and sent me a very informative video showing the technician going through all the necessary checks. Everything was fine except for the front brake pads. I asked them to replace whilst they were at it.

All I can say is that Farnell's have done an excellent job and bent over backwards for me. It's just a pity that Jaguar had to take so long to agree on replacement. I have paid 50% of the parts costs as agreed but I wanted the car doing NOW before I took it to go over the Swiss mountain passes at the end of the month..

A colleague of mine is a solicitor and he has offered to write to Jaguar, (we got the contact details) to see if he can get my cost reimbursed.

All in all I'm very satisfied and can't praise Farnell's of Bradford enough for their efforts.

It would be great if this could be put into the magazine to give others the courage to keep pushing.

Roy

RichardSEL

Postby RichardSEL » Wed May 29, 2019 9:38 am

Car now back home with lovely shiny new Subframe and braces.
<snip>
All in all I'm very satisfied and can't praise Farnell's of Bradford enough for their efforts.
It would be great if this could be put into the magazine to give others the courage to keep pushing.
Roy
+1

It's a lot about customer relations isn't it? Really was shocked when, late in life I was able to afford to even walk into a main dealer let alone buy anything in that showroom (then VW). Was met by an over-bearing, sullen, take-it-or-leave-it imbitterdness. Coming from previous trades where the customer is always treated as king, seems the motor trade is the last to learn this :?:
I only knew that it appeared to be a UK characteristic coz of the invitations I'd got from the Emden plant to see my planned new Passat B6 (with all the toys) roll off the production line and attend an owners' three day course :idea:
Purchase, customer care, hotel, air fares, as a package. A (then) strong Euro plus difficulties with HMRC seemingly trying to be awkward (with the Emden factory's sales office too) put paid to that adventure

Glad you got it sorted, even though Jag head office tried to obfuscate and trick you down the "good will" dead end
Gone: '59 Mark I, '56 Mark VIIM, '59 Mark IX, '01 XJ8 Sovereign 4L LWB, '01 XJ8 Sport 3.2L, '01 XJ8 Exec 3.2L
Current: '03 Strange Rover L322
In trim shop for total refurb: '73 Owen Sedanca 4.2L
Stalled in storage '61 Mark IX with 4.2L