Major Service - Using a non Jaguar garage

Moderators: Jaguar2010, mg600

paul.passaneti680

Major Service - Using a non Jaguar garage

Postby paul.passaneti680 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:30 pm

Hello all

I have a Major Service coming up on the XF 3.0 D. I am thinking to go with a local independent garage that I have used for years on previous cars who can do a major service for around £75 less than Jaguar can. Is there anything I need to be aware of or consider on this decision. The car is still under the 2 year approved used warranty but my understanding is that as long as the correct oil is used it should not affect the warranty.

I would have liked to used Jaguar in order to get the stamp in the book but cannot justify the extra cost for the privilege.

The local garage will also provide a loan car (Jaguar charge £15 for this as it requires a days insurance...)

Thanks

Zennan101

Re: Major Service - Using a non Jaguar garage

Postby Zennan101 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:31 pm

The eternal dilemma.
I think you need to consider how long you intend to keep your car and how you plan to change it. If you might be exchanging through the same main dealer you may have a better chance of getting a higher trade in if the car has full Jaguar service history and the dealer has serviced it. I say may as there are so many variables in this statement!
The other consideration is that if you have any warranty claim in the future then without a full Jaguar service history you are unlikely to get a sympathetic hearing.
At the end of the day there is some hidden value in the main dealer service cost premium.
I have just had my XF serviced once again by my local main dealer who has maintained the car since new. It cost a little more than my favourite local garage but I am happy with that.
Rod
2010 XF 3.0 Luxury Diesel