Tyre replacement offer from Jaguar

Moderators: mg600, Jaguar2010

diverkevod

Tyre replacement offer from Jaguar

Postby diverkevod » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:04 pm

Hello there all XF owners. I have a 2 year old XF 2.2D Premium Luxury. Lovely car which has just has it's second service. It is fitted with Pirelli tyres which seemed ok to me. After the service the Jaguar Garage (Farnell Bolton) told me there is a technical issue with the tyres in that they are not giving the MPG they should and Jaguar has said it will replace them with Goodyears under the warranty scheme. The MPG seemed ok to me in my limited experience of XFs. Is there anyone who has heard the same as me on this? I am surprised there is no mention of this on the bulletins that I can see. Is it just me? Am I unduly suspicious?

Zennan101

Re: Tyre replacement offer from Jaguar

Postby Zennan101 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:04 pm

As a matter of interest what Mpg are you getting on the Pirellis?
2010 XF 3.0 Luxury Diesel

rosemary

Postby rosemary » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:13 am

Funny that,whilst in at the Jaguar Dealer (Amersham) waiting for my car having a B service under the Jaguar 3+ scheme last week , sitting around having complimentary coffee and chatting to two other owners waiting for their cars, an X350 with a bonnet sensor problem, and an XF 2.2D in for its third service under the Jaguar maintenance schedule. The service man came out and said to the XF owner they weren't happy with the Pirellis on his car and wanted to change them. The owner of course,with a long face, said how much , as you would do, to which the service man said "oh no, there is no charge" .Clearly the owner was over the moon :D
Dave Hart
2005:-S Type V 6, 2.7D
2009:-XF 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury

Rictus

Postby Rictus » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:58 am

Hello Diverkevod. I expect there was a substandard batch of tyres and your's were not amongst them but can be changed just in case. For two year old tyres this looks like a good result for you :D
Peter
1963 Mark 2 3.4
2005 XK8 4.2-S Convertible
2009 XF 3.0D PL

diverkevod

Postby diverkevod » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:49 am

Zennan 101 - you asked about mpg. Overall mixed driving around 40 mpg. But on the motorway if I don't go too fast it is easy to average over 50mpg. Running around locally 35-40 mpg but I try not to do too much of that because of the particulate filter, and use my wife's petrol TT for most local journeys, and do the longer runs with the XF.

Rosemary - this seems similar to my case, except the garage didn't have the tyres in and I have not heard from them yet!

I wasn't unhappy with the performance but seeing as though I've done 24k and the rears are down to 4mm I will need some new ones soon, so if Jaguar offer to pay I will accept!

Regards to all and see you at the XF FORUM in MAY.