Audio Visual System - CarPlay Update

Moderator: jagmanvaughn

AprilJHarris

Audio Visual System - CarPlay Update

Postby AprilJHarris » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:44 am

Hi All first post in the Forum but I wanted to get a view from any members that struggle with the Meridian Entertainment system and the poor software....
I saw with great interest that JLR have released (finally only 4 years late) the update to support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The latest release will work on all cars from 2017with the later system with InTouch Pro and DUO - The release is out and has been for a month although not seen much about it if anything from owners. My son has a Range Rover Velar and it has been updated and works very well... he was charged £200 for the update.. The cost for the upgrade is discretion of the dealer from what I can work out .....
https://www.ovalnews.com/2018/09/offici ... nally.html

Have any of you had the update installed? - if you did where you charged ?
My XJ is booked in Tues 30 Oct in Reading so will update once its done ....

Update -Thurs Nov 1st- The software update crashed and the car is still at the dealership and I have been given a replacement car by Jaguar whilst the warrantee work is done on the car ... will update again next week when I get news of the new header unit they need to install....

Has anyone got the update in XJ / Ftype etc yet ??

AprilJHarris

Re: Audio Visual System - CarPlay Update

Postby AprilJHarris » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:27 pm

Update :- Jaguar appear to be suspending the updates for now - have called the customer services line and pending an update from them will post when I get one ...
The car is fixed buy replacing the unit - but not updated - shambles

jagmanvaughn

Postby jagmanvaughn » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Hi

I have been waiting 3 years for this update too. My car has already had the screen replaced due to a previously failed update around 2 years ago.

The new update doesn't include CarPlay on my XJ as this is for the new bigger screen as you mentioned for MY2018 XJ's.

My software update completed successfully in October and is much better and all the previous bugs seem to have gone. The system is much more responsive and plays DVDs in the rear entertainment fine now as previously this was an issue too.

Have you had any update from the dealer? I was not charged for this as for me this is a warranty issue.

Thanks

Vaughn
Jaguar F Type V8 5L

Jaguar XJL Autobiography 3L

Previous cars
Jaguar XK8 4.2 2002
Jaguar XJ12 6.0 1996

AprilJHarris

Postby AprilJHarris » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:53 pm

No updates from the dealer at the moment I have an open question with JL Customer Services and am pending a response
The status as I understand it
1 - Touch PRO DUO - the larger screen systems can be updated
2 - The smaller units apparently crash when the update is applied

The system was updated to the latest supporting version but no CarPlay and I am being told that due to the crashing there may be NO work done to make it work -
Once I get more from JLR I will update this post

Is anyone else having issues or had an update applied to XJ / F-Type / XF etc on the 8 or 10 inch systems >?