New Member and New car

Moderator: J44EAG

Robhub

New Member and New car

Postby Robhub » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:19 pm

Hi, after three years of driving a 1999 S-Type, I have swapped it for a 2004 V6 Sport XJ and joined this club because I realised that I had become an enthusiast without fully realising it. The forums have been really useful in alerting me to possible issues (and solutions) and I have been excited to discover that my nearest independent Jaguar garage is XJK Ltd, which has been a real boost. I took the car there this week for a full service and inspection and felt absolutely confident that I was getting the best advice and workmanship. If it's good enough for Rob Jenner . . .

I am looking forward to the Classic Car Show tomorrow and will call in on the JEC stall.

I would like to display a photo of the new car but can't yet work out how to do it.
2004 XJ 3.0 Sport, Jaguar Racing Green
Previously:
1999 S-Type 3.0

J44EAG

Re: New Member and New car

Postby J44EAG » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:15 pm

Welcome to the Club and the X350 BB. As you can see, we have amassed a great deal of information over the years.

XJK are top guys. You can`t go wrong with them.

I`ve had both V6 and V8 S-types for over ten years and like you made the conversion to a 350 recently. A very different car indeed.

Please write an article about your car for inclusion in the magazine if you wish. Let me know if i can help you with producing the text.

To add images here you firstly need to ensure that they are no more than 1300 pixels wide and 900 pixels deep. This is quite a small image and most cameras and phones make the image rather larger than that. I stand back from the subject matter and include material from around the subject, then crop the image down to just the subject matter using Windows Gallery. Thats quite an easy way to reduce the image size. Note we can presently only include a maximum of three images per posting due to a site quirk.

To load a selected image scroll down to below the submit box and look for the browse button. Click on that, go to your photo library, go to your photo file, right click and click on open. Then left click on your selected image, right click on select at which point the JPG number will load onto this site browse box. Then click load the image, wait for the pop up box to load and then place your curser within your text. Then click place in line. The JPG details should then appear within the text. Repeat for two more images. Finish and submit your message. Then click to review your post and your selected images should be within your post. It just takes a bit of practice. Easy once you have done it a few times.

Good to have you with us.

Mike K
X350 Co-ordinator

2004 XJR

Robhub

Postby Robhub » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:47 am

Thanks for the welcome and for the detailed info about posting photos. I need to study it! In the meantime, I have posted a photo in the register. I will have a think about writing an article about the car.
Previously:
1999 S-Type 3.0

J44EAG

Postby J44EAG » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:18 am

Thanks. That would be appreciated.

The next magazine has a story about buying my 350R but we do still need members input to give us a good volume of copy material and a balanced view of the model. Any jobs you do to the car however small and seemingly insignificant male good reading especially with a few photographs to add interest.

Mike K
X350 Co-ordinator

2004 XJR

Robhub

Postby Robhub » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:50 pm

thumb_IMG_3508_1024.jpg
I am hoping that I have managed to upload a photo. Apologies if it doesn't work!
Previously:
1999 S-Type 3.0

J44EAG

Postby J44EAG » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:32 pm

Nice car. I thought it was mine until I saw the lower mesh grill!

The colour would appear to be PEF Ebony if I`m not mistaken. Quite a lot of green within the black shows up in the image. I had a spray can mixed at Halfords the other day and the fellow mixing said in some alarm that the colour was green. I said to carry on mixing and brought the can home. My car went passenger mirror to a drivers mirror recently which wrecked the mirror cowl and I had to get a second hand replacement and spray it the right colour. The first coat went on and the paint was indeed a very dark green which blackened on subsequent coats of paint. So there we are. Another tale of Jaguar maintenance and repair.

Here is my car. 20" Sepangs and the same colour.
20150822_182503.jpg
Mike
X350 Co-ordinator

2004 XJR

Robhub

Postby Robhub » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:55 pm

They are very similar looking but mine is Jaguar Racing Green, which, I agree, has come out looking as if it could be black. The Sepangs really set these cars off well don't they. I will be very interested to read about your experiences buying the 350R. I bought my car from Hamiltons Jaguar in Peterborough. The guy who runs it is well known to JEC and, in fact, was on the JEC stand today at the NEC exhibiting his XJS.
Previously:
1999 S-Type 3.0

J44EAG

Postby J44EAG » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:54 pm

My purchase story will be in the next magazine. I proof read the copy for Nigel last night so you will see the piece towards the end of the month. Further service and modification details will appear in a later edition. That will be quite a hefty article.

We are always looking for material for the magazine so please do write something for us. I`m always happy to help construct the copy. Pictures of course add spice to the written word.

Mike
X350 Co-ordinator

2004 XJR

barrywi

Postby barrywi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:43 pm

Welcome to the 350 section of the JEC. Mike has said everything really but I would reinforce the need for owners to write to any of us with interesting stories about their cars. Mike is a relatively new convert to the 350 section but has massive engineering knowledge and will attempt repairs and modifications that people like myself would leave to dealer.. The 350 is a wonderful but very complex car , particularly the electrics, so the more background information we can accumulate the more members will benefit.
Enjoy your ownership and do not hesitate to ring me with any questions. I may not know the answer but can probably steer you in the right direction. At least I have time on my hands to listen

Robhub

Postby Robhub » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:05 pm

Thank you for your warm welcome. I think this is a great club and I am very pleased to be a member. I will write about the car as Mike suggested as there have been several interesting episodes!
Previously:
1999 S-Type 3.0

J44EAG

Postby J44EAG » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:52 pm

Thank you very much.

We need regular contributors for magazine copy on all Forums. Those who feel able to contribute may either contact the magazine Editor direct or the appropriate Forum Co-ordinator.

Mike
X350 Co-ordinator

2004 XJR

jeff1954

Postby jeff1954 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:25 pm

Now you 350 guys have got Mike on board be prepared for loads of technical and practical info.

Jeff
S Type 2.7d SE Auto