dark blue Jaguar paint from 1977

Moderator: XjRestorations

alexsnelling

dark blue Jaguar paint from 1977

Postby alexsnelling » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:04 pm

Hello world,

The idiot I bought my coupe from has dented it. I am seeking touch up paint in dark blue for a Daimler Sovereign 4.2 coupe dating from 1977. It doesn't have any neat little paint codes under the bonnet...help...

thanks

Alex

MARCRO

Postby MARCRO » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:35 pm

Hi Alex,
I use a place near me (Humberside Paints) that will painstakingly match the colour on your car then make up a large aerosol and a 100ml sample pot of paint for around £12. They need to see the car obviously and you may be too far away to make it viable for you, but I'm wondering if you have a firm nearby who does the same thing.....?
Use Google, or better still Yell.com.....good luck and come back and let us all know how the project is going.

XjRestorations

Re: dark blue Jaguar paint from 1977

Postby XjRestorations » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:27 pm

There is usually a paint shop within a few miles of most towns - and they should be able to colour match the paint you have.
Even with more modern vehicles we have in with paint codes, for small blow ins we always send a fuel flap or similar to the paint suppliers to get them to match it. Often, a car has recieved paint before, and the colour is rarely a perfecty match to the ID plate on it!

Kind regards,
Keith