Magazine articles

Moderator: XjRestorations

mike020150

Magazine articles

Postby mike020150 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:01 am

Now that the weather has turned a touch warmer, it's time to get back in the garage and complete all those jobs we promised to do over the winter. The Series XJ section in the magazine needs some more material so it would be really great if everyone could take cameras into the garage, take a few snaps as they work and then add a few words to share experiences through the magazine column. Send articles directly to Nigel Thorley, our editor ([email protected]).

Even better, if anyone would like to help coordinate the Series XJ section, please send me (Mike Horlor) a pm (personal message) and I'll get in contact to let you know what's involved.

There are still plenty of series XJ's in the Club which must mean there's lots to write about, tips to share, tales of skinned knuckles to empathise over and so on. These are fantastic classic cars to own and drive. To do them justice, we need to keep their profile high. Please get writing! Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; XE S

DaveO

Re: Magazine articles

Postby DaveO » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:25 pm

Mike, is the digital club magazine out of order? I wanted to print out a copy of a Jim Mann article in the Feb 2019 issue but no dice, its not available. I can scan the article from hard copy if necessary.
XKR 2004 Coupe' in BRG, Ivory leather and traditional Jaguar walnut dash. Super bodily condition except window seals, ouch! Mechanically work completed with front sub-frame mounts and ball joints, suspension overhaul, AC renewal.

mike020150

Postby mike020150 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:56 pm

Hi Dave,
I have been offline this past week, coincidentally whilst the website changeover has taken place. However, I too can't access the digital magazine so I've reported it to the office who will contact the developer to sort it. Thanks for the warning. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; XE S

DaveO

Postby DaveO » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:52 pm

Thank you Mike. I didn't know the website was changing administration and when asked to change to new pw stuff started arriving in my junk folder with a warning so I phoned the office this morning to be told the change is authentic :) Phew, I am not very IT savy so better safe than sorry on this occasion.
XKR 2004 Coupe' in BRG, Ivory leather and traditional Jaguar walnut dash. Super bodily condition except window seals, ouch! Mechanically work completed with front sub-frame mounts and ball joints, suspension overhaul, AC renewal.