STOLEN: B123MWV series 3 XJ6 (cherry red)

Moderator: XjRestorations

B123MWV

Re: STOLEN: B123MWV series 3 XJ6 (cherry red)

Postby B123MWV » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:42 pm

Update: Footman James no help, just passing me onto their underwriter Ageas, who finally, after me doing ALL of the chasing agreed to pay out. It actually seemed like they were using delaying tactics. Asking for information, pictures, etc but all piecemeal, rather than at the beginning of the process telling me what they need to assess the claim. Absolutely useless, complaints procedure inadequate too. Many promises that they would call me, complaints promised to get in touch within a certain amount of time, none of which happened. Then they lowballed me on the value but by that stage, 6-7 weeks later I really couldnt be bothered with the hassle anymore. Took what they offered and moved on.

Police were also useless. got a voicemail after a month telling me they were filing the issue. Basically if the car doesn't show up on NPR cameras, they wont bother doing anything.

So the replacement v12 now has a stoplock and a cut off switch in a hidden location.

Beware Jag community... if the worst happens, insurers and coppers apparently couldnt give two sh*ts...
Series 3 v12 8)

J44EAG

Postby J44EAG » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:13 pm

You could contact the Insurance Ombudsman if not already done. I wouldn`t be in a hurry to let the matter die. I would also be advising the MD of FJand asking him to investigate.

That`s my take on it.

Mike K
X350 Co-ordinator

2004 XJR

steve_m

Postby steve_m » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:02 pm

Why are you surprised?
I thought that everybody knew that the sole purpose of underwriting insurance is to not ever have to pay out; where is the profit in paying people for their loss?
That would upset the shareholders and we couldn't possibly have that happen.
Unfortunately we are legally forced to have insurance but nobody seems to enforce the gypsies, skanks and thieves, that take our hard earned money, to pay out when it is just and due.
Scumbags,
Come the day of the revolution.....
Them and the telephone sanitisers.

andypryce

Postby andypryce » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:22 pm

'telephone sanitisers'

Love it! :lol:

Seriously though, it is very irritating...
andy

2006 XK