XJ6 Series 3 Windscreen Washer Pump

Moderator: XjRestorations

penfold

XJ6 Series 3 Windscreen Washer Pump

Postby penfold » Wed May 15, 2019 11:25 am

I have just bought a Series 3 here in Thailand which has been unused for a few years.

The wiring was in a mess having been subject to a lot of bodgery in the past and I am in the process of putting that right before I connect up a battery to test. I have just sorted out the wiring to the screen and headlamp washers etc (for which I had to make up a diode pack), but cannot locate the screen washer pump. The fluid reservoir is missing at present so I need to get one of them but the information I have fro the Haynes manual is that the pump should be mounted on the engine bulkhead (not integral to the reservoir). The wires that go to the pump disappear into the inner wing behind the fusebox for the headlamps.

I can't see any sign of the pump on the bulkhead onth eengine side. Might it be on the car side behind the dash?

mike020150

Re: XJ6 Series 3 Windscreen Washer Pump

Postby mike020150 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:15 pm

The pump should be located at the front of the car close to the LH bonnet hinge mounting panel. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; XE S

penfold

Re: XJ6 Series 3 Windscreen Washer Pump

Postby penfold » Fri May 17, 2019 1:05 pm

It turns out that models with the optional headlamp wash/wipe (as mine has) have a combined reservoir for both the headlamps and screen washer. There are two pumps fitted to the reservoir, which is located in the wheel arch behind the FLH headlamp.

Thanks to David Marks for pointing me in the right direction. Turns out I’m not missing a screenwash reservoir after all!