Registering XK150 that has been off the road since 1974!

Moderator: jBlackwell

peter.trussler646

Registering XK150 that has been off the road since 1974!

Postby peter.trussler646 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:35 pm

Hi All,
Just introducing myself as just purchased my first Jaguar as I am a "Morgan man" normally.
Anyway, the car is an 1960 XK150 DHC that I bought at Auction in June this year. The car has 2 previous owners and been off the road since 1974 (verified by a tax disc) and someone started stripping it around 1980. The chassis and body panels had been cleaned and painted and are in first class condition with no dents at all on the bodywork. However, all other items had been removed and obviously dumped back into the car when it was removed from the property this year. The seats are in a poor state and no soft top - all fixtures are all there thankfully.
Now, this is my problem. There is a green registration document (ve60) that verifies the reg number (1333 AR) and also a Jaguar Heritage doc which matches up all chassis numbers etc and the reg number. However, the DVLA do not have the vehicle on record - due to it never being registered with the "latest" DVLA docs through the years. The DVLA will not accept this as "computer says no! and I must "
check that the vehicle is entitled to the reg number by checking with one of the various vehicle owners clubs"
So, how do I progress? Any assistance gladly received!
Peter :?: :?:

PPV

Re: Registering XK150 that has been off the road since 1974!

Postby PPV » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:32 am

The club magazine identifies Keith Vincent as the lead contact for such matters so I would give him a go and see if he can help.
Regards,
Paul V
Mk2 3.8
Mercedes A45 AMG
Mercedes AMG GLC43