Sport Mode

Moderators: GJS-typeR, Montana5

latebreaker

Re: Sport Mode

Postby latebreaker » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:01 pm

The ride certainly felt firmer and more planted......and too think I'd gone 8 months without experiencing life in Sport mode
S-Type-R, 2006, Midnight, Charcoal Sport, CD Autochanger, Bluetooth, JaguarVoice and now 19" Barcelona's

Finally a Jaaag Owner, and it feels good

Petrol, The Breakfast of Champions!

It Doesn't Click or Buzz.....It ROARS

Montana5

Postby Montana5 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:31 am

As far as I'm aware no, the Sport Button has no effect on the Cats Suspension, they are two separate systems working in harmony. The Cats system is on all the time, although normally described as a two part adaptive dampening I prefer to think that its a lot more complex than that nom de plume suggests, I suppose part one could be described as comfort mode, when we are tootling along enjoying the comfort and soaking up any road undulations, then when the loud pedal is hit, just imagine a range of sensors yaw and accelerator to name but two (I can't remember all their names or where they are) suddenly wakening up and saying to the Cats Module oh err, here we go boys, time to go to work let's tighten things up a bit, this corner is a bit tasty...left side down a bit right side up...and level, etc etc.

Now if you really want to see how both systems work to compliment one and other and introduce yourself to an S Type you didn't know you had, I know many have tried this already, however some might not have, try this when pushing on...

Sport Button on.
Using left side of the J Gate.
Gear Lever to 4.
Changing to 5 when conditions suit.

Or
Sport Button on.
Start off with gear lever in 2.
Then use gears manually 2 to 5.

Or, and this is may favourite, especially when getting ready to overtake something.
Sport Button on.
Gear Lever to 3.
:D :D :D

Doug.
Assistant S Type Model Co-ordinator
S Type Forum Moderator
Pictures of my 2002 STR

latebreaker

Postby latebreaker » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:40 pm

Sport Button on.
Gear Lever to 4.
Changing to 5 when conditions suit.

Or
Sport Button on.
Start off with gear lever in 2.
Then use gears manually 2 to 5.

Or, and this is may favourite, especially when getting ready to overtake something.
Sport Button on.
Gear Lever to 3.
:D :D :D

Doug.

I've got feeling that's going to be my favourite mode aswell.....that queue of traffic out of work better watch out on the way home tonight... :D
All this fun for the price of a new Fiesta...don't you just luv depreciation
S-Type-R, 2006, Midnight, Charcoal Sport, CD Autochanger, Bluetooth, JaguarVoice and now 19" Barcelona's

Finally a Jaaag Owner, and it feels good

Petrol, The Breakfast of Champions!

It Doesn't Click or Buzz.....It ROARS