HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GET MY AIRCON RE-CHARGED?

Moderators: robv12, h18spk, Popsjag

Den_XJ6

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GET MY AIRCON RE-CHARGED?

Postby Den_XJ6 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:54 pm

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?

ALSO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY HEATING, NO WARM AIR SEEMS TO COME OUT? IS THIS A QUICK FIX? OR IS THIS GOING TO COST AN ARM AND LEG?

THANKYOU

DENNIS

CLASSICR

aircon cost

Postby CLASSICR » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:43 pm

Hi Dennis,
I have had the aircon on my 4.0L Daimler (XJ40) re-gassed a couple of times. I firstly enquired at a Jaguar main dealer who quoted £90! After a bit of searching, I found that Halfords sell an air conditioning charge for £39.15 & will recharge themselves for an extra tenner or so (the can comes with a measuring dial which is of little use & unreliable). My system was charged (took about 10-15mins) and lasted for quite a while.
I later needed some work doing on the car and took it to my local 'chap' and mentioned the aircon was iffy. He contacted his 'aircon man' who tested & regassed for £30. So the short answer to your question is £30-90, so the cost varies widely.
With regard to your other query, unfortunately I can be of no help - I'm no expert! Hope the above is helpful, however. Rodger.

Den_XJ6

Postby Den_XJ6 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:52 pm

Hello Rodger,

Thankyou for your reply, i was looking at Halfords, but was not sure if they were good enought, the mess up my mountin bike, so letting them touch my car :shock: not a chance :D

Their is a garage near by, ill pop in their once i have a min to my self.

Thankyou again,

Wish my heating worked :(

colp

Postby colp » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:07 pm

about the heating prob, before spending any money at a garage try a tip dave marks told me about when i first got my xj 40, it made me stay with the club as it saved me a small fortune, i had cold air only at the rear heating ducts and he told me to tap with a screwdriver handle the valve behind the centre console beside the radio on the drivers side, if you are flexible enough you can just see it (its silver) by ending up with your head by the pedals, a couple of firm taps with the screwdriver and mine was working fine again and has done ever since (for 5 years!) give it a try first, i was amazed a luxury car could be repaired by hitting it with a screwdriver handle!

Den_XJ6

Postby Den_XJ6 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:23 pm

Thankyou mate, ill give it a go.

Sovereign40L

Postby Sovereign40L » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:08 pm

Hi Dennis,

Did the tap of the screwdriver fix your heating problem? Only, I have the same problem on my 1990 Sovereign. I have been hoping that changing the climate control computer will fix it (hopefully getting one this week), as that was unreliable and so needed changing anyway. I'd be interested to know your experience.

Thanks,

Marcus.

robv12

Re: HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GET MY AIRCON RE-CHARGED?

Postby robv12 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:55 am

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?

ALSO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY HEATING, NO WARM AIR SEEMS TO COME OUT? IS THIS A QUICK FIX? OR IS THIS GOING TO COST AN ARM AND LEG?

THANKYOU

DENNIS

Firstly what year is the car, pre 93 you will have a problem with aircon gas

That said you have no warm air, SO, on a 40 check the heater valve in the engine bay , left hand side by the bulkhead behind the cylinder head, these seize, and on a 300 check the heater pump located in a similar place by the bulkhead left hand side of the engine bay, you should have hot water enetering and exiting this unit