Tips for converting lhd centre panel to rhd

Moderators: Aceman, ecosselynx

RichT

Tips for converting lhd centre panel to rhd

Postby RichT » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:05 am

Hi all, I am about to tackle shopping the gauges and switches on my mk 2 to where they should be for driving on the ukside of the road and wonder if anyone has any tips having done it themselves

Thanks in anticipation of your help

ecosselynx

Re: Tips for converting lhd centre panel to rhd

Postby ecosselynx » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:31 am

Hi

I've stripped mine down before, but not to change anything over and its a fairly simple job. What I would say is that you take a number of photos before you start, this way you will have a record of where and how all the clips and wires run.
Although if your changing the position of the gauges you might well have to re-run the wiring in a different position in order that it all fits well.
bye-o

John H.

RichT

Re: Tips for converting lhd centre panel to rhd

Postby RichT » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:20 pm

Thanks for that, I found a picture on the net of a rhd set up. I marked the various leads etc wit a combo of sharpie pen and masking tap on my panel and disconnected the oil pressure pipe and connections to the bit of loom on the panel first then undid clamps for 2 bits from main loom, swapped the grubbins round, pushed the main loom wires thru the bulkhead and swapped round a clamped and then connected these gauges first then switches, doing the oil feed last and do you know what it actually all still works :lol: I fear that this is the first and last time that I will do something to a car and it will be straight forward!

Cheers

Richard